Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shelby's Musings


Hi. 

I am going to tell you about my life. 

First I'm the oldest of the 7 kids.  I'm 12,  and I will be 13 on March 15.

I am on swim team and my strongest stroke is butterfly.  My weakest stroke is breast-stroke because my legs aren't flexible enough yet.  I need to train my legs so that I can swim the breast-stroke faster.  Our team name  is THE CRESTWOOD BARRACUDAS.  My brother, Dawson, and my sister, Isabelle, are both on the swim team with me.  Tucker is very excited because he will be on the swim team this summer.  Dawson, Isabelle, and I are also on the dive team for Crestwood.  Tucker is planning on going on the dive team, too.  I can't wait for summer to come! 

My favorite books are Nancy Drew and Harry Potter.  I enjoy reading Nancy Drew because they are mystery stories.   In order to read all of the Nancy Drew stories, I own some of the books, borrow some of them from friends, and check others out of the library.   I like the Harry Potter Series because I like how the author, JK Rowling, has humor and seriousness at the same time.  I also enjoy the adventures between Harry, Ron, and Hermione.  I like to read the Harry Potter books, listen to them being read aloud as a family, and listen to the Harry Potter on audio book read by Jim Dale.  

My favorite music is "High School Musical" 1, 2, and 3, "WOW Hits Christian Music," and "Hannah Montana."  Most of the songs I listen to are songs any girl would like.  

I love to take pictures with my camera.  My Uncle Ryan gave me my first digital camera as my gift when I turned 10.  I prefer to take nature pictures as well as pictures of animals and my family.  I have even entered contests using pictures I took of my family.  The picture of the rose I took in Hot Springs, Arkansas at the Gavin Woodland Gardens.  This is the photograph I am most proud of.

My favorite animal is a horse.  I would love to live on a ranch some day. 

I love to go camping.  My favorite camping places are Locust Lake, Pennsylvania and Assateague Island, Maryland.  When we camp, we use a 10-man, red and black Columbia tent with two rooms.  It is huge!  It smells like campfire smoke, which I really like.  We usually camp in the spring and fall because it's the right temperature and no mosquitos.

You now know me, Shelby. :)

No comments: