Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Great FB Migration, February 2012

Feb. 1 ~  Nothing confirms tired like scrubbing your face & then reaching for your toner but grabbing the mouthwash instead, yet not realizing it until you're almost finished swiping your face while trying to figure out why everything is smells so minty. Do over.

Feb. 3 ~ Self: "Hey gang -- why don't we put on Phineas and Ferb?"

Gang: "Nah. We'd rather play quiet games together. Thanks mom."

Weird, yet nice.


Feb. 6 ~ 120 minute round trip drive for a 60 minute visit?? Absolutely worth it. Love those Brannons!!

Feb. 7 ~ 
My sons. Sigh.
(No worries, it's just clay)
Nikki Vilano ~ Do I DARE ask what this is....

Traci Morkassel ~ ????

Holly Conrad ~ Sometimes it stinks, literally, being a boy mom!

Linda Wood ~ Well, it's not those chocolate kisses you get for Valentine's Day!

Brooke Leah ~ OMG..... Please tell me that is dog or cat poop?? PLEASE!!!!

mom ~ It's clay. The deal was I could take the picture as long as I didn't disclose their gross, disgusting, & bizarre sense of humor until later. See, your reactions PROVE my reaction was normal!!

Christine Bassinger ~ I am so thankful you posted what it really is! I got on FB at midnight just to find out! I'm not kidding!

Linda Wood ~ Some little kids think out of the box...Smart!

Cindi Herzig ~  That is SUCH boy thing!!! And killing them just isn't allowed!





Feb. 7 ~ 
My favorite Good Morning.
Feb. 9 ~ 
You know what I would love to see happen? I would really like to stop seeing social programs with the word "FREE" in front of them. Instead, I would prefer to see something to the effect of: "Provided free of charge to you by someone else's generosity." There is no FREE.

Feb. 12 ~ Discovered another big family joy: a full on bounce the ball on a parachute game and we only had our family around to do it! Lots of laughing over here!

Feb. 12 ~ 
So THIS is what happens when a down pillow explodes in the dryer.
Cross that off my list of questions.
Feb. 14 ~ 
Our kids came across "Fellowship of the Ring" on tv and started watching. After a few minutes, the confusion set in. 

kids: "Where'd that scene go? They cut too early! What's going on??"

self: "Guys, remember we watch the extended because it's closer to the book."

kids: "This is a waste of tv time! Somebody get the DVD out!"

My little movie nerds. I'm so proud.


Feb. 17 ~ So, errands at Giant didn't go the way I envisioned at all. Two steps in the door and the garlic smell hit, causing almost instantaneous vomiting. It was like Middle School all over again.

Feb. 17 ~ So, we've packed about 30 boxes so far. Of books.

Feb. 20 ~ Introducing the olders to Jason Bourne tonight. Having older kids rocks!!!!

Feb. 20 ~ I think I finally found something that will stay down!!!!! Yippee for ice cream!!!

Feb. 21 ~ Eating my ice cream breakfast surrounded by jealous children. Mwahahaha!!!!

Feb. 21 ~ So after promising myself no more soccer again EVER, I think we're signing Tucker -- and ONLY Tucker -- up for the fall.

Feb. 22 ~ As we're driving, Elyas looks out the window and says, "Look at the sun! It's shining just for me because God made me so special."

Tucker's contented sigh from back seats; "It is so lovely to not have a booster seat. Getting big is just wonderful."

Three Cheers for Roadside Assist!

How to keep 5 boys entertained while awaiting the tow truck.
Meanwhile, Abigail was cousining with Sadie.
Feb. 22 ~ Tire patched, filled, and road ready!!! I love modern stuff.  Upon arriving home, Elyas announced: "That adventure was great!!" Be like little children indeed!

Feb. 24 ~ We find Elyas's feet peeping out from behind the door curtain. Keats walks over and says: "Whatcha' doin'?"

Elyas: "I need to hide. I'm pooping and it's really gross and I don't want to smell the air bad. Come back in a minute and I'll be finished. Then you can deal with my fanny."

Okay, okay. Even I am forced to admit the kid is ready to be potty trained.


Feb. 27 ~ As I match yet another daily batch of socks, I have one thought running through my head: I miss flip flops.

Feb. 28 ~ From Aime LangdonOk I think I missed the official announcement! Congratulations and I am sorry you are so sick. I know you have a houseful of amazing children to help you out through the first few months!

~comments~
mom ~ That I do. They are very cheerfully living on cereal, sandwiches, hand outs from people who feel sorry for us, and take out. Budget for this month is shot and I should probably care about that more. But, I really don't.

Aime~  Yeah for cereal, take out and people who feel sorry for us! 

mom ~ Yes -- especially for these who show their pity by bringing lovely, hot meals to my poor family!

Feb. 29 ~ Our massive running day with piano lessons, recycling drop off, weekly Goodwill donation, banking, Isabelle to babysitting, and misc. little stops in between. Countdown: 1 hour, 15 minutes. 

Perhaps, just perhaps, I should get out of bed.


Feb. 29 ~ The nicest young man came out to the van to helped unload our donation. I got into the car just in time to hear Abigail exclaim: "That dude has earrings on!" before dissolving into giggles.

Feb. 29 ~ My heart be stilled!! My darling oldest just came into the van excited about a Shakespeare quote from "As You Like It. " Life just got even better. Contented sigh.


No comments: