Wednesday, January 22, 2014

The Great FB Migration: April 2012

April 2 ~ Adoring having a home large enough to comfortably have 18 people for dinner last night and looking forward to repeating it tonight!

April 3 ~ 
An almost half-baked baby  Niner!
April 4 ~ 
I'm a West Coast Auntie!!!!!!!!!!!! 30+ hours of labor before receiving an epidural this morning in order to begin Pitocin for non-progressing labor. Dylan Grace arrived at 2:00 PST and weighed in at 6 lbs 7 oz.

April 4 ~ 
Oh yes, my friends---bring on the summer. — 

April 4 ~ New one for my list of things-I-never-thought-I'd-say-but-now-readily-accept-in-our-house-full-of-boys: Tonight at dinner, "Please don't moon your brother at the table. That's bad manners."

April 5 ~ Abigail: I've decided that Elyas must be a good clotter. He has great scabs!

April 5 ~ Tonight's table etiquette for boys:

We do not give ourselves wedgies at the table. That is bad manners. 

It is not appropriate to compare six-packs during dinner. Please put your shirts down and eat your food.


April 6 ~ Tonight's installment of Meal Time Etiquette for Boys:

We do not hold our hotdog dangling from our mouth when asked to pass the mustard. That's bad manners. We set it down on our plate, wipe our hands, and then pass the mustard. 

We also do not shred our boiled egg yolk with our fingers in hopes of scattering it to make it look like we actually ate it. It's disgusting.


April 7 ~ 
Home Depot Workshop Paint Fest
April 7 ~ Welcome to tonight's installment of Table Etiquette for Boys:

It does not help the cause when you grab the tongs and clack them together repeatedly while looking at your children through them and repeatedly saying, "I'm crushing you heads, I'm crushing your heads" in a French accent. 

Bad form, Mr. Rutherford. (But oh so funny.)


April 8 ~ Today's installment of Table Etiquette with Boys:

When we visit someone else's home for Easter dinner, it is bad manners to intentionally allow the wind to blow your plate away to see whose deviled eggs will go the furthest.


April 8 ~ Easter pics

Lunch with our JaneO
Elyas, Benjamin, Jane, & Abigail


Easter Girls
April 9 ~ Father & Sons Reading Phillies Game

Great seats!

Tucker's version of dinner.

I'm squishing the player, I'm squishing the player.
April 10 ~  Swim lessons
The twins after completing their first no-doggie-paddle 50 meter swim.

She may look nervous, but Abigail was just anxious for the other swim to clear the water.

Tucker, who was bumped up two levels this session, working on his butterfly from the start position.
April 10 ~ Tonight's installment of Table Etiquette for Boys:

We do not discuss or compare the sound, intensity, color, or size of bathroom associated business at the table. Or preferably, ever.


April 11 ~ Elyas: "If a lion tries to bite me, I will say 'No Sir! That's bad manners!' and he will listen to me because he wants to obey."

April 11 ~ Moving Madness Countdown. 

Any boxes still unpacked or paintings, pictures, & posters unhung as of Tuesday, April 17 at 8:00am will be donated. 

The Queen has spoken.


April 11 ~ Tonight's installment of Table Etiquette for ALL Rutherfords:

Rapping, head bopping, fist pumping, and hip-gyrating at the table is bad manners. And it makes me, your Mozart-loving mother, nauseous. Knock it off.


April 12 ~ No Table Etiquette for Boys installment this evening. Father was home for dinner and general merriment trumped training. There's always tomorrow!!

April 16 ~ All boxes unpacked and dropped at the recycling center. Grilled burgers then on to hanging!!!

Later that day . . . Moving almost complete. One room's worth of art still to be hung. Sighing a job well done sigh. All the children are snug in their beds, safe and sound.


April 17 ~ Swim class, intentionally light school load, Wii Fit to get us laughing, and then The Adventures of Tin Tin with a popcorn dinner. The Rutherford version of a day off.

April 18 ~ Serious argument from the back of the van this morning: "Ew! Keep your boogers to yourself!!"

Later that day . . . Total homeschool weirdie family. I was given a heroes welcome when I returned home from an emergency Staples run with new pencils, erasers, & lead for the mechanical pencils.  And they were genuinely, seriously excited.

April 20 ~ And it's a boy!! Again. Cooper Finnick Edson is scheduled to join the Rutherford Family Sept. 17.

April 21 ~ Some family humor

From Scott to Tacy: "So, it turns out your neurosis is experienced by other families.
I am not alone!!!"
From Aunt Miranda to mom: LOL!
From Scott to Tacy: "Totally relate."
April 25 ~ I am so enjoying getting back into a comfortable rhythm with the fam. The move was absolutely worth it, but I'm glad we aren't doing it again anytime soon!!! 

Later that day . . . Another rug cleaned!!! It's not that I'm obsessive, I just prefer to know I can sit anywhere I choose without having to think about it first. So if you find me curled up under the dining room table, it's just because I can. Not because I'm hiding from the kids.

April 26 ~ From Shelby to Dad & Mom:

Has been sucked into all of the Twilight nonsense. I am already on the third book. Personally that smug look I see on my parents face when I say I like it is starting to get on my nerves. But I am one who doesn't like it when her parents are right and she is wrong. Thanks anyway mom and dad. Sorry I said you had problems.

April 28 ~  Decision made to return to the two-car family lifestyle? Check. New to us car purchased yesterday? Check.  Opportunity to finally drive it this morning? Check.  The dawning awareness that I adore my queenly perch in my big van which allows me to look down upon the peon cars surrounding me? Check.

Later that day . . .  Heading home from the symphony with a bag of snacks from the grocery store and blistered feet from walking the city in heels. I feel so grown up right now.


No comments: