Thursday, April 21, 2011

a keatsy chat

I was wrapping up a shower two days ago and Keats, who was apparently waiting for the water to stop making it's wonderful-mom-can't-hear-anything noise, began chattering.

"I wish I could go down there [he points to the sink drain]. I wish I could get really tiny and go down there. [Keats rests his chin atop his folded arms and continues to stare at the drain.]

"I could call Phineas and Ferb and have them bring a small-inator over to our home. Then I would be really tiny. So I could jump like this [he mimes a leap onto the counter and into the sink Dukes-of-Hazzard-style] and then go right down.

"When I'm finished exploring, The Sucker could get me back out. [glances over to me with a very serious look] He lives down there and doesn't like company, so he'd be really happy to help.

"I wish I could go down there."

And, my Keats, I wish I could go into your brain to see the world you see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before you know it he's going to be writing poems!