Saturday, December 11, 2010

Coed Naked Wrestling

What is it about more than one boy in a room which immediately requires wrestling? And even more puzzling to me is the preference to do it after bath time, resulting in naked wrestling. And, dratted homeschool kids who listen, they know the original olympics were naked competitions so whenever I request less naked time, inevitably one of those boys will pipe-up with "We're just being authentic,  mom!"

Our Abigail, who has gorgeous ringlets and adores pink is also quite impressed with naked wrestling time. It is not unusual to see her as a completely clothed bystander one moment and a naked participant in the blink of an eye. Then her chirping voice can be heard over the ruckus: "I'll rip your head off, boys!" Ahh, the gentility and charm she exudes during these moments.

Now, Elias has begun to catch on. Once the naked wrestling begins, he often tracks down one of the older members of the family tugging at his footie-jammies, his version of would you please assist me in the removal of my clothing so that I may participate with my siblings in their vigorous exercise this fine evening?


I would love to think that this version of family time is not unique to our home, but I'm really not holding my breath. And, just be warned if you come by our home in the early evenings, you may see more of us than you anticipated.

No comments: