Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Admission of Failure

For only the second time in the history of our marriage, Scott and I regret to announce we will not be sending out 2008 Christmas cards this year. Now, I realize that you are chuckling over the fact that I still call them Christmas cards even though we've passed Christmas, New Year's, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Valentine's Day, President's Day and are already slurping Shamrock Shakes at McDonalds.  And, yes, I haven't sent a Christmas card on time since the twins began walking.  And yes, I know I blame them for everything. But I hate the thought of failure. And for me not to send a card is an utter failure.

So, please, don't die before next year's card can be sent or I will really feel terrible. And since I already had the photos ready and the newsletter printed, I will include the 2008 edition with our 2009 cards. But since our cards are still safely wrapped in their plastic prison, I feel I have no other choice but to concede defeat. If I haven't even gotten them unwrapped yet, what hope is there?

Yes, we are alive. Yes, we all had wonderful experiences to share. Yes, we thought of everyone not getting our cards as their cards began pouring in. And, yes, I feel like a turd.

Such is life within the Rutherford 9 from time to time.

No comments: